About

A Little Bit About Me

Hi, I’m Claudia and I’m excited to share my creations with you here.

I’ve been a quilter for almost 30 years and, while I enjoy all sorts of crafts, I really love making things with fabric. After buying fabric for so long, I’ve collected a lot of it, and one of my goals is to use up what I have to make room for more!

About 7 years ago I started writing online on HubPages. I cover a wide range of topics and still enjoy contributing articles to that site which you can find on my profile page there. I thank them for giving me my start and always supporting my writing.

On the side, I’m a freelance blog photographer, specializing in creating photos for authors who would rather write than take photos.

Be sure to follow me on instagram @createwithclaudia to see what I’ve got going on.

On the home front, I’m the proud mom of a beautiful daughter and am married to a terrific guy who always has the patience to help me with the technical side of this site. Not sure if I would have been able to get it started without him.

21 Comments

1. Mary Jo Osborn

November 25, 2020 at 1:54 PM

I would like to know where I find how much material I need to buy for the entire quilt.

1. createwithclaudia_7j76hs

November 25, 2020 at 2:12 PM

Sorry – But I don’t know what quilt you are talking about? Are you looking for a specific pattern?

2. GeneAnn Hall

December 25, 2020 at 3:32 PM

I am going to make your bandana quilt for a friend, we both love it! How do you think would be the
    best way to enlarge it to a queen size? I have a couple of ideas but would appreciate your input. Thank you! your quilts are amazing!

best way to make it into a queen size?

1. createwithclaudia_7j76hs

December 26, 2020 at 5:56 AM

Thanks so much for the kind comments. I appreciate it. I’m so glad you like this quilt. Here are 3 options you might want to consider. 1) You could add one row of half square triangles to the top and to the bottom and to the left and right. That would get it to about 72 x 90 (still a bit short for a generous queen size). 2) Add 2 rows to the top and bottom and 1 row to the left and right. That would get it to about 90 x 90 (a really generous queen size). 3) Another option could be adding a coordinating border, but that would change up the overall look. Good luck!

1. GeneAnn Hall

December 26, 2020 at 10:03 AM

I was thinking about your second option…bigger is always better! Thank you for your quick reply! I will post a picture when it’s finished…she wants it by February! Better get busy!

3. Estelle Del Porto

January 10, 2021 at 2:34 PM

What is “découpage glue as opposed to regular white Elmer s glue in the covered can with fabric project ?

4. kathy

January 23, 2021 at 12:21 AM

In the quilt pictured I believe you call it the kite quilt did you attach the colored batiks on the quilt or were they sewn in the same time you made the background squares ?

1. createwithclaudia_7j76hs

January 23, 2021 at 4:41 AM

I think you are talking about a quilt that is not in the picture on this post. If you are talking about my freeform one on a beige scrappy background that was in my year in review article, then all of those fabrics were pieced. There were not appliquéd on. In the picture in this article all of the quilts are also pieced.

5. Melanie Bronson

January 25, 2021 at 9:34 AM

Hi there, thank you for sharing all your wonderful work. I would like to know how you made such perfect quilting lines on your quilts specifically the free form denim quilt. I would love to quilt mine like that but not sure how you got the perfect lines.

1. createwithclaudia_7j76hs

January 25, 2021 at 2:06 PM

Thank you. My quilting lines may look straight, but don’t look too closely. I do use a walking foot called an accufeed which is like a walking foot. That helps me, but like I said, don’t look too closely. The denim quilt was harder to quilt, but I used a stronger needle. Thanks again for the kind compliment.

6. Rhonda Perez

April 8, 2021 at 1:28 AM

I was happy to find your U tube channel. I’m enjoying it. I am going to do your mystery quilt a long and have a question. Would it look nice in Asian fabric? Thanks Rhonda

1. createwithclaudia_7j76hs

April 9, 2021 at 6:26 AM

I think it would look good in all kinds of fabrics. I love Asian fabric with the pretty designs. Make sure to read this post that has some fabric tips in it. https://www.createwithclaudia.com/2020/11/stars-of-the-prairie-mystery-quilt/ Thanks for stopping by!

7. Janice Cassinelli

May 4, 2021 at 7:02 PM

Sometime back I printed a copy of your pattern Swirling Leaves Table Runner. There was no notation of block size. I am having difficulty figuring the block size. If it should be 9″ or 9 1/2″. Are there more detailed instructions for this runner.

1. createwithclaudia_7j76hs

May 5, 2021 at 5:11 AM

Thank you for this comment. I realized I never said that in the blog post, only on the video! Good catch! The blocks should measure 8 1/2″ square. Each half square triangle should be trimmed to 2 1/2″ square. Here is the original blog post (corrected). https://www.createwithclaudia.com/2020/10/swirling-leaves-quilted-table-runner-pattern/

8. Janice Cassinelli

May 5, 2021 at 11:22 AM

9. Maggi

July 24, 2021 at 7:31 PM

Hi Claudia, I love your YouTube channel, and your generosity sharing your patterns. Would it be possible for our guild to have a workshop and teach one of your free.patterns?
    We would obviously attribute the pattern to you and would be happy to annotate the workshop with ” Pattern generously provided by Claudia.
    Please feel free to. decline our request, there will be no hard feelings.

1. createwithclaudia_7j76hs

July 27, 2021 at 6:17 AM

Thank you so much Maggi and thanks for asking. Yes, you can use one of my free patterns and attribute it to Create with Claudia. I’d love to know which one you decide to teach and if you or any of your guild members post to social media, make sure to tag me #createwithclaudia so I can see the work! Thanks again!

10. Cheryl M

July 28, 2021 at 7:55 PM

Just “found” you today — ask recommended by YT. Watched your disappearing rail-fence scrap quilt video — LOVE it! I’ll be following along.

1. createwithclaudia_7j76hs

July 30, 2021 at 7:14 AM

Welcome! Glad you are here!

1. Lucy DeHarde

July 31, 2021 at 11:05 PM

Hi Claudia,
        I just came across your Disappearing Rail Fence and LOVE it!! I’m writing to ask permission to share it with my quilt guild of 18 ladies. I would write on it….reprinted with permission for use as education for Cotton Pickin’ Quilt Guild. All members would be encouraged to visit your website and sign up for your newsletter. I really, really, really hope to hear from you soon!
        Sincerely,
        Lucy DeHarde
        [email protected]

1. createwithclaudia_7j76hs

August 9, 2021 at 6:32 AM

Thanks for asking. I was on vacation so I just saw this. Yes, you can share the block as long as you direct people to my website or YouTube link to the pattern. I’m glad you like the block. It’s a fun one. Again, thanks for asking!