About

A Little Bit About Me

Hi, I’m Claudia and I’m excited to share my creations with you here.

I’ve been a quilter for almost 30 years and, while I enjoy all sorts of crafts, I really love making things with fabric. After buying fabric for so long, I’ve collected a lot of it, and one of my goals is to use up what I have to make room for more!

About 7 years ago I started writing online on HubPages. I cover a wide range of topics and still enjoy contributing articles to that site which you can find on my profile page there. I thank them for giving me my start and always supporting my writing.

On the side, I’m a freelance blog photographer, specializing in creating photos for authors who would rather write than take photos.

Be sure to follow me on instagram @createwithclaudia to see what I’ve got going on.

On the home front, I’m the proud mom of a beautiful daughter and am married to a terrific guy who always has the patience to help me with the technical side of this site. Not sure if I would have been able to get it started without him.

8 Comments

1. Mary Jo Osborn

November 25, 2020 at 1:54 PM

I would like to know where I find how much material I need to buy for the entire quilt.

1. createwithclaudia_7j76hs

November 25, 2020 at 2:12 PM

Sorry – But I don’t know what quilt you are talking about? Are you looking for a specific pattern?

2. GeneAnn Hall

December 25, 2020 at 3:32 PM

I am going to make your bandana quilt for a friend, we both love it! How do you think would be the
    best way to enlarge it to a queen size? I have a couple of ideas but would appreciate your input. Thank you! your quilts are amazing!

best way to make it into a queen size?

1. createwithclaudia_7j76hs

December 26, 2020 at 5:56 AM

Thanks so much for the kind comments. I appreciate it. I’m so glad you like this quilt. Here are 3 options you might want to consider. 1) You could add one row of half square triangles to the top and to the bottom and to the left and right. That would get it to about 72 x 90 (still a bit short for a generous queen size). 2) Add 2 rows to the top and bottom and 1 row to the left and right. That would get it to about 90 x 90 (a really generous queen size). 3) Another option could be adding a coordinating border, but that would change up the overall look. Good luck!

1. GeneAnn Hall

December 26, 2020 at 10:03 AM

I was thinking about your second option…bigger is always better! Thank you for your quick reply! I will post a picture when it’s finished…she wants it by February! Better get busy!

3. Estelle Del Porto

January 10, 2021 at 2:34 PM

What is “découpage glue as opposed to regular white Elmer s glue in the covered can with fabric project ?

4. kathy

January 23, 2021 at 12:21 AM

In the quilt pictured I believe you call it the kite quilt did you attach the colored batiks on the quilt or were they sewn in the same time you made the background squares ?

1. createwithclaudia_7j76hs

January 23, 2021 at 4:41 AM

I think you are talking about a quilt that is not in the picture on this post. If you are talking about my freeform one on a beige scrappy background that was in my year in review article, then all of those fabrics were pieced. There were not appliquéd on. In the picture in this article all of the quilts are also pieced.